No Litter Hotline
Photographer: Leah Worth of Ames, IA
Keep Iowa Beautiful is committed to improving how our communities and roadways look.
Litter can be a real eyesore and have an impact on perceptions. That’s why Keep Iowa Beautiful partners with the Iowa State Patrol to help put an end to litter. Through promotions for the No Litter Hotline, a citizen-led litter reporting phone line, everyone can do their part to report and stop litter
You can stop litter!
Call 1.888.NOLITTR (1-888-665-4887) to report littering from a vehicle.
How No Litter Hotline works
When you see litter happening on the roadways, follow these guidelines to report the vehicle.
- Call 1-888-NOLITTR (1-888-665-4887) Press 1 to make a report.
- Please provide as much detail about the incident as possible in your report including:
- License plate number (The plate number is critical to any follow-up action.)
- Time and specific location the litter was thrown from the vehicle
- Description of what was thrown from the vehicle
- A vehicle description (color, make and model)
What Happens Next?
Reported offenders will receive a warning letter from the office of the Iowa State Patrol. The letter draws attention to their offense and sends the message that people, like you, are watching.
The letter often brings an awareness helping the offender consider their actions and reduce future offenses.