Photography Contest Entry
The 10th Annual Photography Contest is now closed.
With Fall here it’s time to take a photo of your favorite place in Iowa. Grab your camera and take that shot and enter it in Keep Iowa Beautiful’s 10th Photography Contest aimed at raising awareness of Iowa’s rural and urban beauty. This photo contest offers both amateur and experienced photographers an opportunity to tell Iowa’s story in a fun, engaging way during your favorite season.
“This is a great way for Iowans to share what they admire about Iowa’s beauty, “said Kevin Techau, KIB Executive Director. “First place will receive $50, second place $40 and third $30.” Each winner will also receive a one-year subscription Our Iowa magazine.
The 10th Annual Photography Contest is now closed.
To see the previous Contest Winners, visit our Contest Winners page.
2. Submission is by online application only – Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
3. Eligibility – Contest is open to anyone (Iowa or from other states) and who have internet access and photo-capturing capabilities.
4. Entry Fee – Payment of $5 per entry must accompany the entries or be received by Keep Iowa Beautiful prior to the deadline. All entry fees will be used to offer cash awards for the photography contest and for support of Keep Iowa Beautiful’s programs & services.
5. How to Enter – To enter, download and complete the registration form (one per photo) and send via email along with the photograph. Entry fees may be paid online through Stripe.
No entrant may submit more than 10 entries. A single email address may be used by only one entrant; entries by additional entrants using the same email address will be disqualified. If an entrant exceeds any of these limits, all that entrant’s entries will be disqualified.
No photos will be acknowledged or returned. By entering a photo in this Contest, Entrant grants a non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, license to Keep Iowa Beautiful to edit, adapt and publish such photo. Upon Sponsor’s request, each contestant must provide a signed written personal release and/or license from (1) all persons who appear in the photo submitted (or their parents or legal guardians if such persons are minors), and/or (2) the copyright owner of any sculpture, artwork or other copyrighted material that appears in the photo entry, authorizing use of the photo in Keep Iowa Beautiful’s publications, advertising, marketing and promotions in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest unless prohibited by law. All releases must be in the form provided by Sponsor. Failure to provide such releases upon request will result in disqualification of the contestant and the related entry. If a potential winner fails to provide such releases, s/he will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the procedures described herein.
Keep Iowa Beautiful is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, damaged, misdirected, or blurred or otherwise indiscernible photos, which shall be disqualified.
6. Photograph Requirements: Each entry must comply with the following requirements (the “Photograph Requirements”):
Photographs should be of Iowa places (rural and urban) which highlight the beauty and attractiveness of Iowa. Keep Iowa Beautiful encourages entries from urban & community settings as well as rural landscapes.
Photographs must be in high-resolution digital format. No print or film submissions will be accepted for entry into this Contest;
The photograph need not be taken with a digital camera; scans of negatives, transparencies, or photographic prints are acceptable;
All digital files must be 5 MB or smaller, must be in .jpg format, and must be at least 1,600 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 1,600 pixels tall (if a vertical image);
The photo must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
The photo must not contain brand names or trademarks;
The photo must, in its entirety, be a single work of original material taken by the contestant;
The photo must not, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous, or libelous;
The photo must not, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and;
The photo must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the photo is created. * Minor burning, dodging and/or color correction is acceptable. Hand tinting is acceptable, as is cropping. Fish-eye lenses are acceptable. High dynamic range images (HDR) and stitched panoramas are acceptable only if the combined parts are all made around the same time. Any changes to the original Photograph not itemized here are unacceptable and will render the Photograph ineligible for a prize.
7. Deadline – All entries must be submitted and received by December 13, 2019. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt. Sponsor reserves the right to examine the original photograph/source material to confirm compliance with these Rules.
8. Contest Prizes – Will be determined and posted online no later than January 15, 2020.
9. Winner Determination – Judging will be conducted by a Committee appointed by Keep Iowa Beautiful. Winning photographs will be posted on keepiowabeautiful.org and on our Facebook page. Please do not contact us about the status of entries.
10. Limitation of Liability – By entering this Contest, all entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless Sponsor, from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any of the following regarding the Contest: any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to Contest entries or votes; or alteration of entries. Further, sponsors are not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email entry or vote to be received because technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, human errors of any kind, fraud by any entrant
11. Conditions – Entries void if the Sponsor determines the photograph to not be an original, or if the entries are illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, altered, counterfeit, produced in error, obtained through fraud or theft or otherwise non-compliant with these Official Rules.
12. Right to Cancel or Suspend Contest – If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, Trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. In such event, no prizes will be awarded. If Sponsor elects to cancel or terminate the Contest under any of the circumstances described above, Sponsor will not retain any rights in the submitted photographs.
13. Winners List – Winners’ names will be available online after January 15, 2020.
14. Data Privacy – By entering, entrants agree that personal data, may be processed, shared, and otherwise used for the purposes and within the context of the Contest and any other purposes outlined in these Official Rules. The data may also be used by the Sponsor to verify the participant’s identity, postal address, and telephone number or to otherwise verify the participant’s eligibility to participate in the Contest. Participants have the right to access, review, rectify, or cancel any personal data held by Sponsor. Sponsor will use personal data exclusively for the purposes stated herein.
We're sorry but the 2020 Photo Contest Entry deadline has passed.